How to Leave a Group Chat on iPhone in 2022 (or Mute Notifications)
Want to avoid unwanted notifications by learning how to remove yourself from a group text on iPhone in iOS 15? We’ll teach you how to leave a group text in the Messages app, we’ll teach you how to leave. group chat if it’s comprised of only iPhone users. Plus, we’ll show you how to mute the conversation in case you are unable to leave the group because it includes Android users. Let’s do it!
0:00 – Intro
0:20 – Identify Android and iPhone Users
0:46 – How to Leave a Group Chat
1:14 – How to Mute a Group Chat
iPhone Users: If message notifications are driving you crazy, you have the option to either leave the group chat or mute text notifications. If everyone in the group text is using an iPhone or another iOS device, they’re using iMessage. You can tell if all group members are using iOS devices because your text message bubbles will appear blue, and theirs will appear as gray.
Android Users: In a conversation where one or more members are using Android or other non-Apple devices, your text messages will appear in green bubbles. You’ll only have the option to leave a group text on your iPhone if all group chat members are using iOS devices. Here’s how to leave a group chat on iPhone if every member of the chat is using an Apple device.
How to Leave a Group Text on iPhone
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Tap the group text you want to exit.
3. Tap the top header of the conversation, where the Messages profiles are.
4. Tap Leave this Conversation.
5. To confirm, tap Leave this Conversation again.
6. Tap Done.
7. All group chat members will see you’ve left. You won’t receive any more messages from this group text.
Don’t have the option to leave the conversation? This means some users are not using Apple devices to text you. To read the full article for free visit:
Do you want tips like this delivered directly to your mailbox? Sign up for our free newsletter, you can cancel anytime:
– How to Hide Text Messages on an iPhone (iOS 15 Update): Hide iMessages or Use Secret Texting Apps (
– How to Know if You’ve Been Blocked on iPhone (iMessage) in 2022 (
– How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Your iPhone Updated for iOS 14 (